The Work Window is an innovative educational tool that is designed to assist teachers and students by:
* Reducing outside distractions within the classroom environment;
* Providing a means for teachers to monitor both the work and attention of their students;
* Providing a safe and secure work area for students to focus upon their assigned tasks without outside stimuli interfering with their focus;
* Promoting accountability by eliminating opportunities for students to copy each others’ work during testing or individual assignments;
* Boosting confidence of students who are anxious about their academic ability in front of other students; and
* Providing a means for teachers to control students in today’s understaffed and over-populated classrooms.
The Work Window is a positive learning tool that works wonders for both students with special needs and students who are easily distracted by overwhelming outside stimuli in the classroom. The Work Window can be utilized in seating configurations involving a single student or multiple students in a “horseshoe” type seating arrangement surrounding their teacher who then becomes their focal point.
The Work Window is available at affordable price points intended to make it easily available to all teachers and all classrooms. Although its use was born out of the special needs classroom environment, its use can also be easily transposed to typical classrooms or used in “mainstream” teaching environments.
The Work Window is made of lightweight, recyclable materials. This simple but effective invention is the answer to the multifaceted challenges faced by the teacher in today’s special needs classroom which typically has too many students and too few teacher aides and para-educators. Good old American ingenuity has provided an answer to numerous problems faced by every teacher in today’s special needs classroom–The Work Window.